Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Mary Lee to leave KPRC 2 for California


UPDATE SEPTEMBER 20, 2013
Mary Lee to KING 5 Seattle after KPRC 2

UPDATE 8/5/2013
Idolina Peralez replaces Mary Lee at KPRC 2

Yeah, I suck trying to take time off...but it's not everyday that Mary Lee leaves KPRC 2.

Announced on Facebook tonight:

Mary Lee
Mary Lee
I just wanted to let you know I've decided to move back to the West Coast to be closer to my family. I really miss them. But before I head back home, I want to thank you. Over these last three years, I have come to love Houston and all of you. Ever since I first started at KPRC, you have welcomed me and embraced me. Your support, your kind words, every encouraging email, your sweet tweets and FB comments have meant so much to me. I feel so blessed and grateful for my time in Houston. I will truly miss you!

Lee came to KPRC in June 2010 from KXAN Austin.

According to her bio, Lee started her career in California, with stints at KHSL in Chico and KOVR in Sacramento. She grew up in northern California and hails from Fairfield, Calif.

UPDATE SEPTEMBER 20, 2013
Mary Lee to KING 5 Seattle after KPRC 2

UPDATE 8/5/2013
Idolina Peralez replaces Mary Lee at KPRC 2


14 comments:

  1. Mary Lee,

    I hope it's not because my former WIS TV (COLUMBIA SC)colleague and most recently WFLA (TAMPA)before joining KHOU Brookes Garner has moved into the area???? (cue minor lol, I hope)
    Brookes is a neat guy and is eat up with weather. I'm still on the air at WIS after fifty years but down to doing weather only on Fridays. A four-day work month except when some months have five Fridays and I work myself to death! Son and his family have been in Ventura for over 26 years so we know California especially well. Granddaughter is a super senior at CSUN, a cellist and performs with When In Rome UK and Apartment 28 et al and just returned from a gig in Mexico. Much happiness Mary Lee and blue skies with just enough rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah - She's leaving because she doesn't want to be part of the Demonique Saxe Show any longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Golly, Gosh, Gee Whiz, Boo Hiss; all we need is Shirley Temple on the Good Ship Lollypop....eh!?! Good luck and enjoy Cali......Mary Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does not bother me....I don't watch that channel for my news.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was quite obvious Mary Lee was homesick and wanted to go back to California (especially Northern Calif). She's obviously getting away from the Dominique Sasche nightmare

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always enjoyed her sincere charm and smile. I wish her well. Also wish her personality skills could rub off on the narcissists who remain on air there (Dom / Jen / Owen / Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gonna miss u Mary! I would record weekend weather just to see u. It was a good way to start my day. Your so cute and charming u put a smile on my face. bye

    ReplyDelete
  8. We called her the "Leeeeeener" because when she first started she would lean almost 30 degrees in front of the green screen. She improved and handled the "un-beleivabulllllll" Courtney S.'s flubs and exaggerations quite well. I watch them on weekends for comic relief.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked watching Mary because she had some awesome belts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hate to see her go. She seemed like a sweet girl and a good fit with Courtney. I'm sure that's a tough business to be in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anon, I think Mary got sick and tired of the Dominique Sasche Nightmare and wanted out.

    The question is where will she next do her weather reports in CA ? Maybe KNBC-TV or back in Sacramento

    ReplyDelete
  12. She was never even on with Dominique. You should try to get a grip on your jealousy issues.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Goodbye Mary, I have loved looking at you from your beginning her.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kenneth Russell8/23/2013 07:46:00 AM

    Mary you have been a pure joy. The Houston media group will suffer in your absence. You and Courtney were a great weekend team and your on-air personality put a sweetness in all my days. I am a fan and wish you every happiness as you depart.

    ReplyDelete

AD