I don't need to look at the calendar to know it's November. Why? Just turn on local TV! KHOU 11 kicked the festivities off early last week with a tried and true plastic surgery story. A great staple of sweeps television. A real injection for the ratings. You get what I mean...
I particularly liked this story because it features my wife. No, she hasn't had plastic surgery, but she was interviewed in the MOS -
As a thank you to the Houston TV news community, later this week I will be offering sweeps story ideas free of charge. No consulting fees here. Although I am available to come to your station to tell you why you need to use Twitter/Facebook and then expect you to write me a check (but unlike most real TV consultants, I can actually help you implement the services with best practices). I can also look at your watch and tell you the time for a fee (unless it is one of those really fancy faces).
- Sex TV sweeps story cancelled after violent threats
- Must be TV sweeps month when the anchor pole dances
- Top 5 Houston area cell phone wreck hot spots
- Diets put to the test
- Top 10 homemade remedies for what ails you
- The great sweeps promo decoder
- AUDIO: TV Sweeps from Hell
- VIDEO: Truth behind hotel drinking glasses...
- Pocket change could be a real treasure [I was Emmy nominated for this one]