- Anchorwoman Lipdubs Anchorman
- CNN Live Shot Interrupted by Obscenity-Shouting David Arquette Fan/Howard Stern Regular (NSFW)
- DEAD HORSE: Footage Of Reunion Concert
Catherine Ross from KXMC Minot, North Dakota, to KXAS 5 Dallas
KXMC's Catherine Ross jumps from small Minot, North Dakota to KXAS 5 in Dallas.
Houston getting News 92 FM KROI - 24 hour radio news
Radio One is jumping into the 24 hour news radio business for the first time anywhere, right here in Houston. It has big Houston broadcasting names attached too.
- More info about the big switch
CBS11 goes to Garvin for early morning anchor
After letting Scott Sams go, D-FW-based CBS11 KTVT taps KTXA 21 anchor Keith Garvin to rise early with Lisa Pineiro on morning news.
How much is news coverage worth?
Isiah Carey AKA The Insite blogs a 30 second report on KTRK 13 is worth $2,700 in free publicity to HISD.
Morales joins 104.1 KRBE
Former Mix 96.5 KHMX DJ Dave Morales announces move to 104.1 KRBE on Facebook.
NBC5 hires Harrisburg's Ben Russell as full-time reporter
Ben Russell, who has spent the last five years at CBS affiliate WHP-TV in Harrisburg, PA, is joining Fort Worth-based NBC5 KXAS as a general assignment reporter.
New weathercaster pops up on KXAN
Meteorologist David Mazza, a temporary fill-in, will deliver forecasts on the KXAN’s weekend morning newscasts for the next month or so following the abrupt exit of weathercaster Rhonda Lee.
KDFW Declares Rangers World Series Champs
During Thursday night’s suspenseful World Series game between the Cardinals and the Rangers, Dallas Fox O&O KDFW–which was carrying the game–alerted viewers in the ninth inning that the hometown team had won.
Good Samaritan saves popular Houston music editor
Houston Press music editor Chris Gray, 36, was waiting for the light rail to ride to work and had a heart attack.
- Music Editor Chris Gray is Holding His Own
Univision’s KUVN Promotes Tamez to News Director
Carlos Tamez has been promoted to news director at KUVN, the Univision owned-and-operated station in Dallas.
Johnny Depp snubs KVUE
A news crew from KVUE 24 was allegedly turned away, blocked from interviewing — or even shooting video of — Johnny Depp at Austin Film Festival.
Ex-anchor's drug charges deferred
Karen Marie Gallagher, 53, known for her work at KENS and KSAT in the 1980s and '90s, received two concurrent terms of deferred adjudication.
KDAF gets acclaim for promo
Tribune’s CW affiliate in Dallas KDAF 33 created a promo campaign that skillfully blended cutting-edge references to on-demand coverage and social media with an in-your-face attitude, lightened by flashes of wit and plenty of attitude.
Loss of radio stations is a blow to west side of DFW metroplex
WBAP/820 AM and 96.7 FM, part of Tarrant County since 1922, looks destined to move to Victory Park in Dallas with KSCS/96.3 FM as part of their sale to Atlanta-based Cumulus Media.
S.A. radio legends Lisle and Hahn ousted by KISS
Longtime San Antonio radio personalities John Lisle and Steve Hahn were ousted after nearly 20 years of hosting mornings on rock station KISS-FM.
A KILT Tour - 1961
What legendary top 40 610 KILT was like in 1961.
2012 Country Radio Hall Of Fame Inductees Announced
Former Houston morning man Moby (KLOL, KSSR) to be inducted into 2012 Country Radio Hall Of Fame.
Bill Zak - RIP
Sad to report on the passing of yet another long-time Houston radio man, Bill Zak of KTRH.
High school football shines under the TV lights
In a year when high school football coverage has been cited for everything up to and including college conference realignment, just about the only channel where viewers can't find high schools these days is the Longhorn Network.
Poll Finds Most Americans Turn to TV News Networks for Breaking News Coverage
A new Poll Position-TV Newser survey finds where most Americans turn to for breaking news coverage: the TV news networks. When asked for their source of breaking news, 58% cited the TV news networks, 17% news websites, 14% news radio stations and 8% social media. The scientific telephone survey of 1,110 registered voters nationwide was conducted October 23, 2011 and has a margin of error of ±3%. Poll results are weighted to be a representative sampling of all American adults. Vote in the online companion poll.
November 8 election info
See lots of Houston links to get information about Houston ISD, mayoral races and more.
- Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press says Texas government officials should not be able to meet in secret: court brief
- Texas Watchdog's Trent Seibert, Mother Jones' Steve Katz talk future of journalism at Presbyterian College
- Social media sites foundation of ABC 13 report on ‘deputy diva;’ Texas Watchdog interviewed
AND NOW FOR THE WEATHER
Former WABC Weathercaster Heidi Jones Sentenced to 350 Hours of Community Service
Heidi Jones, the former WABC weathercaster who pleaded guilty to faking claims she was assaulted in Central Park, was sentenced to 350 hours of community service in New York City.
After Leave Of Absence, Chuck George Returns to Tucson’s KOLD
Former KPRC 2 meteorologist Chuck George, who took a leave of absence from Tucson CBS-affiliate KOLD after a rambling appearance on the air last month, has returned to his post as chief meteorologist.
- Christiane Amanpour back to CNN from ABC?
- Broadcasting Giant Dan Burke Dies At 82
- Disney to Disclose Political Donations, Joining Media Firms
- 'Katie' Clears the 60% Mark
- Tips for promoting your news website or book on TV
- Disney/ABC names Arias Communications VP
- FCC Introduces Online Public File Rules
- Beavis And Butt-Head Banned From Music Vid Abuse
- Look Who’s Trashing ‘Jersey Shore’ Now
- FX Picks Up New Charlie Sheen Show
- Will Katie Couric's New Talk Show Mean the Death of 'General Hospital'?
- DirecTV takes fight with News Corp. to the FCC
- Disney Spends $300 Million On Free-To-Air TV Network In Russia
- Hundreds Cut By Clear Channel
- Clear Channel Radio Announces New National Programming Platforms Team
- Radio’s worst week ever
- Radio’s worst week ever
- The Longhorn Network's Sad, Defensive Twitter Account
- Netflix and Disney-ABC Television Group Announce Extension of Agreement to Stream TV Shows
- Apple may be getting ready to reinvent TV
- BIM adds Telemundo stations, renews NBC stations
- TMZ founder Harvey Levin’s unsolicited advice to mainstream media: Adapt or die
- YouTube Plans to Make Big Bet on New Online Channels
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- Three books you might want to check out with me
- KHOU 11 anchor Lisa Hernandez debut reviews
- Former WFAA anchor Macie Jepson lands at WEWS Cleveland
- Fox 26 KRIV gives Isiah Carey AKA The Insite news segment
- PHOTOS: New KHOU 11 set
- NewsFix: How are ratings for KIAH 39's anchorless news?