Friday, October 07, 2011

KPRC 2's 10pm newscast replaced partially with MSNBC

If you were looking to watch KPRC Local 2's 10pm newscast Thursday night, instead you got MSNBC.

According to a viewer post on the station's official Facebook wall, an on air crawl stated:

"The 10pm newscast will air in it's entirety as soon as the problem is resolved. We apologize for the delay. Local 2 is experiencing technical difficulties."

KPRC 2 had no official posts on Facebook or Twitter about these technical issues, but the viewers certainly did. They stormed the KPRC 2 wall with comments like:

"Another anchor is pregnant!!! #technical difficulties"

"KPRC should at least update it's Facebook page reflecting the issue."

"I am outraged that MSNBC is being broadcast rather than the local 10 pm news! I do not like MSNBC! If I wanted to watch MSNBC, I would do so! I only watch Channel 2 for the local news personnel, not the network vidiots! I will cease to watch the local news if I can't count on actually seeing it!"

Then when the news came on after about 20 minutes:

"Finally!!!! MSNBC was torture!"

"‎21 minutes late but better than never."

As I've stated before, technical difficulties are a fact of life in the TV business. Based on how many systems are tied together in the television world, I'm surprised stations don't have more issues.

KTRK 13's 10pm news hijacked by technical problems

(Thanks Sid)


  1. So KRAP 2's five viewers comlained, huh. Personally, while MSLSD is painful to watch, I'd take 21 minutes of that over 21 minutes of insincere granny Sachse any day. Maybe they should make it a permanent thing.

  2. Jealous people jealous of Sachse.

  3. MSNBC was refreshing. I actually found Herman Cain avoiding answers to easy questions, and getting busted about things in his book, entertaining. The technical difficulties were worth that alone.

  4. Hermain Cain sucks anyway.

  5. @11:49
    Racist Liberal

  6. I'm not racist, he just sucks. AS for the liberal part, I maybe a Demn, but on the GOP field Paul and Romney are the only ones I see fit to run. Sadly, they're both losing to idiots like Cain and Perry.

  7. Don't forget about me guys!!!

    I am just plain sexy!!!

  8. @10:20,
    I'll take you at your word. Now convince your fellow Dems that when someone criticizes Obama, it's not due to racism.

  9. Barack Mole Nose Obama10/09/2011 10:03:00 PM

    The notion thatbid be forgotten is notionless Dont forget me either. Wanna Newport Light?

  10. This morning KPRC's LuLu Freeman10/10/2011 05:32:00 AM

    "Speaking of Facebook, California wants to make utbillegal...ILLEGAL...for kids tonuse tanning beds."
    Maybe the dumbest segue yet that she's spoken.

  11. "Now convince your fellow Dems that when someone criticizes Obama, it's not due to racism"

    Wow? Who thinks that? I know it's not due to racism, whoever thinks that is dumb. Although anyone who says he's a Muslim or was born in Africa is complete total idiot, that doesn't deserve to be debating.

  12. I saw the Sachse Breast Cancer popster at Randalls last night -- SCARY pic -- just in time for Halloween.
    Then I noticed on KPRC's own site they have a slideshow of workers celebrating breast cancer awareness, and she's noticeably absent. Guess she's too good for the commoners still.
    Although...Owen Sucksplenti is pictured with Orsen Freeman looking like his usual attention whore self.

  13. Robin Boy Wonder10/11/2011 02:48:00 PM

    Holy Cats, Batman! Freeman's face and finger look like E.T. in that picture!

  14. For the love of God and all creatures on Earth big and small....can someone please duct tape Jennifer Bauer's eyelids open so she doesn't blink the entire Gettysburg Address in Morse Code every time she's on air? She finally appears to be on Ritalin and has toned down her hyper and prop filled act. But the blinking is so horrible to bear.

  15. I think Jennifer is fun we judge the story's importance by how high her eyebrows go. All kidding aside she seems to be more then just a pretty face news reader