support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

KSAT 12 takes Justin Horne, KIAH 39 gets Jene' Rockwood

Here's a post that will interest both Houston and San Antonio readers.

You might have noticed KIAH 39 weekend meteorologist Justin Horne has disappeared from the Houston TV airwaves. That's because he is now the relief meteorologist for KSAT 12 in San Antonio.

"I can truly say that I will miss Houston, but San Antonio has been great to me so far," Horne told the mikemcguff.com blog. "KSAT has been a wonderful place to work, and I am excited about my move, and the opportunity to stay in my home state of Texas."

Horne previously worked at KSAN in San Angelo and KMID in Midland.

If I am not mistaken, KSAT is the number 1 station in The Alamo City. It is also owned by Post-Newsweek which makes it the sister station to KPRC 2.

So who has taken over Horne's weekend weather duties at KIAH 39? It's meteorologist Jene' Rockwood. She previously worked at WKRG in Mobile, Alabama and KTRE Lufkin.

WKRG viewers will know her as Jene' Young. Yes, you do recognize her new last name, Rockwood. That's because Jene' came to Houston to marry former KIAH 39 reporter Mike Rockwood. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here