support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Friday, October 15, 2010

Westbury Square: The memories and future destruction

 


I was very excited for the chance to do a story for KIAH 39 News on a place I spent time at as a kid...Westbury Square. Sure the place is not what it used to be, but it was cool to go back and remember the Houston landmark when it was all there. If I really went back into my archives, my friends and I shot a movie there in the 1990s when it was pretty much empty. It was like having a Hollywood lot to ourselves.

It just so happened that a group of postcard sized photos of the place in its heyday came into my possession a few years ago. We used a lot of that in this story. READ: Westbury Square faces sale and demolition

In case you don't know, Westbury Square is up for sale and will most likely be demolished. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here