Friday, October 15, 2010

Westbury Square: The memories and future destruction


I was very excited for the chance to do a story for KIAH 39 News on a place I spent time at as a kid...Westbury Square. Sure the place is not what it used to be, but it was cool to go back and remember the Houston landmark when it was all there. If I really went back into my archives, my friends and I shot a movie there in the 1990s when it was pretty much empty. It was like having a Hollywood lot to ourselves.

It just so happened that a group of postcard sized photos of the place in its heyday came into my possession a few years ago. We used a lot of that in this story. READ: Westbury Square faces sale and demolition

In case you don't know, Westbury Square is up for sale and will most likely be demolished.


  1. Thanks for the nice story about Westbury Square. I too spent time there as a kid. I hope it's sold soon and the eyesore becomes something nice.

  2. Thanks. It was a big part of a lot of people's lives at one point.

  3. Is the background supposed to be there? Sure makes it hard to read the text.