KTLA's Gayle Anderson (you might know the name because she was KPRC 2's "Troubleshooter" reporter and "Nearly Noon" anchor in the 1980s) was doing a live shot about cars with an auto expert when Santa Monica police rolled up and started handing out $50 parking tickets (for multiple vehicles mind you). Anderson even confronted the cop live on air.
A Santa Monica PD press release posted in the bottom of the YouTube video page says the news crew did not pay for parking and that is why citations were handed out.
MORE WACKY TV VIDEO
- TV reporter to PR guy: "DO NOT TOUCH ME AGAIN, I'M WARNING YOU!"
- VIDEO: Fox 4 KDFW weather dude gets down
- VIDEO: NBC reporter eats a big one on air
- TV anchor: "So she's enjoying penis a little bit more, is she?"
- TV reporter sinks boat live on air
- VIDEO: KIAH 39 anchor proposed to live on air