Wednesday, April 07, 2010
This post actually makes me sad. Thanks to Bing and satellite mapping, we can go back in time and see a very depressing site - the dismantling of Astroworld.
It's kind of odd how you see it though.
- First click here.
- At the top of the screen under the Aerial tab, click the "Bird's eye" view.
- Then move the view around with your mouse or the arrows until it goes black while loading a new image (Do this by going past the current vacant lot where the theme park once stood).
- Move back and it will transport you back in time like a hot tub time machine to just a few years ago (not to the actual 1980s)
- Shed a tear
- Old video taken of Astroworld when it was actually open
- VIDEO: Astroworld's last days
- Where did those Astroworld rides go?