support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My Astroworld tribute page

Early Tuesday morning I posted my finished Astroworld tribute page on abc13.com.  There was lots of interest all day.  For those of you who don't know, Astroworld was Houston's big amusement park from the late 1960s to 2005.

The anniversary of Astroworld's closing is nearing (Oct. 30) so I thought I would go through the KTRK video archive in my spare time and see what I could find concerning the park.

WATCH THE CLIPS

I put up raw video of The Texas Cyclone, aerials of the park, The Looping Starship and more.  I also included a Heidi Jones (now of WABC) story on Astroworld's history.


CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here