support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

IRC Chat on Technology Bytes 90.1 KPFT

A couple of weeks ago on 90.1 KPFT's Technology Bytes, Jay Lee and the gang were worried about how I said IRC Chat on my audio makeovers for the show. They worried I was hurting their geek cred.

Saying IRC Chat would be like saying "Internet Relay Chat Chat" or another more common event would be saying ATM Machine - "Automated Teller Machine Machine." You get the point.

I said IRC chat to explain what it is to the listeners who call in and barely understand how to turn on their computers.

But wanna know where I got the idea? From the show's own Web site at geekradio.com! LOL. Pictured is a screen capture of it from their site.

Get computer help with Technology Bytes every Wednesday from 8 to 10pm on 90.1 KPFT.

RELATED
- Technology Bytes audio makeover by Mike McGuff
- My new version of Technology Bytes online
- My Technology Bytes podcast is online CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here