Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Lex and Terry Show off 97.1 KEGL Dallas

Robert Philpot of DFW.com reports that The Lex and Terry morning show is off 97.1 The Eagle KEGL in Dallas:



A few minutes ago, J.D. Freeman, president/market manager for Clear Channel Dallas, parent company of rock station KEGL/97.1 FM, forwarded me this statement made to KEGL staff today:

"Effective today, KEGL will no longer air the Lex & Terry Show. We have made the decision to take mornings in a different direction. As we recruit for the morning show, Cindy Scull will host mornings with an additional focus on music. READ THE REST

Strangley enough the duo will still broadcast to their network from the company in Dallas.

RELATED
97.1 The Eagle KEGL becomes 97.1 The Bird

http://www.lexandterry.com

12 comments:

  1. the only reason i was listening to the Eagle in the morning was because of the Lex and Terry show - adios 97.1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please bring Lex and Terry back. I live and breathe rock and metal music. But Lex and Terry got my day started out right. Please adhear to your listeners wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lex and Terry brought me to 97.1. Guess I'll head back to the EDGE now. Lex and Terry are Dallas icons, and I am truly saddened by the EAGLE's decision.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, they are the reason to turn the radio on in the mornings. I am upset that they were pulled from 97.1. Guess I will be listening to the Edge now!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lex and terry where the only good thing 97.1 the eagle had to offer. I hope the guys at clear channel get a mystery dohnut for this! I'm now taking the eagle off my presets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lex and Terry was the only thing on in the mornings that could split your sides and make you bang your head. They will be truely missed on public radio in dallas. They're show is broadcast on XM and youstream for the diehard fans.
    RIP Lex and Terry

    ReplyDelete
  7. BIGGGGG MISTAKE dropping Lex and Terry. You will loose the customers that you depend on. XM here I come. Goodbye eagle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lex and Teresa suck! Waste of air time. I'm glad their off, would much rather hear rock!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband and I loved listening to Lex and Terry in the morning...then one day we woke up and they were gone...We have no reason to listen to 97.1...BRING BACK LEX AND TERRY AND YOU WILL GET THEIR LOYAL LISTENERS BACK!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Man, about time. That show was terrible. It was rarely funny and interesting even less often. I'll gladly take more music and less crap radio. Thank you, whoever made this decision! 97.1's going to the first preset slot on my radio now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Take the knob off of your radio until L & T are back. It's neccessary for your well-being. Leave it to beaver to do otherwise.

    ReplyDelete