support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

New FTC blogging guidelines in effect

If you are a blogger and receive free products from companies to rave about, the Federal Trade Commission is watching! I mentioned this was coming about a month ago.

Some bloggers are crying foul about the new rules. But then again a blogger somewhere is always crying foul about something.

Here are the full rules posted by the FTC (thanks to @drassin for the link).

I don't have to worry about the new rules and my blog.  Companies send me free products, read my blog and then send me a bill for double what the freebie is worth!  Can't get no respect...

RELATED
Bloggers get smacked down for free products CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here