Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Sam Malone and Maria Todd reuniting on Houston radio?

UPDATE 2/2010
Maria Todd on Mix 96.5 KHMX

Is former 104.1 KRBE morning show host Maria Todd returning from San Francisco to reunite with Sam Malone somewhere on the Houston radio dial? That's the rumor.

Anyone who has been reading this blog knows I've been following Sam's every move since he left Mix 96.5 KHMX, so I went right to the source and asked Malone for the scoop.

"I'm actually wringing my hands like an evil scientist who uses the phrase 'diabolical,'" Malone told the mikemcguff.com blog. "I've have been counting the days until my "other" wife would be free to return to the airwaves as the funniest woman in Houston radio! Will we be together again? That's a PPM tease."

Sounds cryptic, but I think his words to me point to YES! The PPM acronym refers to Arbitron's Portable People Meters which is the way radio ratings are now measured. With Maria Todd and Sam Malone back on the air, those pager-like devices that track listening habits might explode.

For those of you who do not know, Sam Malone and Maria Todd were a very popular morning show team on CHR 104.1 KRBE from the 90s to the mid-2000s.

Stay tuned here.





RELATED
- Hear Houston radio's Sam Malone again
- Sam Malone of KRBE, KHMX talks to Mike McGuff
- KRBE's Maria Todd has a new job

10 comments:

  1. I hope so.....yippieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...I hope they come back. I love these two fine people. It would be great! Sometimes I would day dream about winning the lottery and buying a station and hiring them for the morning show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike, you made my day with this news. We need more info!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way it will happen. What Sam forgot to mention is that he hasn't even apologized to Maria since abandoning her live on the air years ago all while she was on vacation. Wishful thinking on his part. It's definitely in HIS best interest to say this stuff, not hers. She doesn't need him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Radio Knowitall - Maria called Sam several times while he was KHMX and all was fine between them. I think they both are looking forward to working together again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank God, I hope it does happen. One of the funniest things I remember Maria saying was, "If you can't take'em to your roof, take'em to Red Roof" lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been waiting for this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved Maria with Sam and with Atom Smasher.. She's great. Would love to have her back on Houston radio. Sam on the other hand..not so much. His views are too conservative and do we really want to hear again about his "princess" every day? I think not! Anyway, it's all a moot point since I listen to Dean and Rog without fail...every day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sure hope so, I never tune off my satellite radio since Maria Todd has left the air here in Houston. Too bad it is not Maria & Adam. Can't bear to listen to KRBE now. I'd switch back to AM radio before I'd ever listen to Ryan & the Turkey gobbler again. Yuck

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope not, cannot stand either one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ya'll are so freakn funny! Maria Todd is my girl. Can't stand that annoying woman on KRBE or the rest of the stupid crew! Heard Maria is now on Mix 96.5

    ReplyDelete

AD