Thursday, July 02, 2009

Pat Gray leaving Houston's 700 KSEV for Glenn Beck

UPDATE 1/2010
I interviewed Pat Gray about the Glenn Beck Program. CLICK HERE TO READ IT

We all know that longtime local talker Pat Gray of 700 KSEV (formerly of TalkRadio 950 KPRC) is Glenn Beck's best friend. Beck seems to have Gray on his shows subbing for him or as a guest quite often. That loyalty is obvious as Pat Gray exits Houston radio for BFF Beck:


Well, it’s been an incredible ride here in Texas. If you missed the announcement on the show this morning, next Thursday, July 9th will be my last show at KSEV. Monday, July 13th, will be my first show as part of the Glenn Beck Program…carried locally on KTRH, 9-11am, as I know you’re aware.

I’m sure that I won’t have much airtime at first. We’ll be working me into the mix gradually…we all know Glenn’s show isn’t broken, and doesn’t need to be fixed. I’ll just provide some extra fun, different perspective, and help him cope with the madness we’re facing.

I feel I owe you an explanation for this, because you are like family to me. There have been many opportunities over the years to leave, but I was never interested. I never thought that we’d ever accept a job that didn’t allow us to stay here. But now, things are so critical in our country, it’s different. When Glenn called me a couple months ago and asked if there was any way I’d consider coming to work with him, I just felt like something had changed this time. And when I flew out to do that Fox audience show with him, and we started talking about the possibility, I could feel that it was something I needed to do. I didn’t (and don’t) necessarily want to do it, I just know that I’m supposed to.

I think that the burden on him is so great now, with everything he’s involved in, and the constant, vicious attacks have really taken a toll, and he needs help. So, whatever help I can be, I’m headed out to be.

There really aren’t adequate words to describe how much I’ve loved Texas. The people, environment, culture, pride, attitude…lack of state income taxes, everything….except the weather. READ THE REST

Can you blame him.  KSEV or national?  HMMM...I'm probably choosing national with my BFF!

UPDATE 1/2010
I interviewed Pat Gray about the Glenn Beck Program. CLICK HERE TO READ IT

16 comments:

  1. Well there goes the best of our local talent. Pat is a good talk show host and I wish him the best. GOD's SPEED PAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be great to have this guy out of Houston. His drivel and hatefulness is unbelievable, I'll never understand people's attraction to this guy. He seems like a miserable person, then, when you see his mug it's evident he is a miserable person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jesus_Loves_You7/06/2009 04:55:00 PM

    Rejoice!

    The alcoholic drug abusers of years are reuniting as saviors of the right wing!

    Why are all these right wing talker/ex-junkies/harassers now strung out on freedom and je Jesus? Rush, Beck, O'reily, Hannity, Scarborough... birds of a feather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why don't you left wing haters get the hell out of Houston. I am a native Houstonian and have watched the decay of this once great city. The northerners (yankees) began coming down here in the 70's and began forcing their northern ways on us country folks. Well you have finally ruined this city with your liberal ways. I can get along with the illegal mexicans before I can ever get along with the "know it all" yankees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't take anymore departures in the Houston conservative talk radio world. Pat Gray of KSEV 700 leaving for Glenn Beck is good news and bad. I loved Pat Gray on 950 KPRC and was very happy when he showed up at 700 KSEV. What will I do now?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was not a fan of Pat Gray. When I heard he was joining Edd I was sure it was the end of listening to 700 in the morning.
    Being a loyal listener of Edd in the morning I stayed for as long as I could stand it.
    Well I am still listening every chance I get. Teaming with Edd was the best thing. They make a good team and I can say I will miss listening to him. Good Luck Pat.

    Lastly, If he had to go it would have been better to have him do his own show to widen the message of conservatism. Now he'll just blend into an already strong voice. Just my thought.

    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jesus_Loves_You7/09/2009 01:04:00 PM

    On a side note, what's going on late night at KSEV 700AM.

    Sounds like Dan P. is leasing the station out to the Pakistani community during the low power night time period.

    Every night I been missing the wacko jobs Dan had working the night shift(Lynn W., and the other Pat).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dan is all about the money! Ka-ching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank goodness that this hate mongering, racist, bigot is gone. CLEARLY, this guy was just a shill for the Bush Administration and took his orders from Karl Rove. I'm sure he'll fit right in with that hate mongering, racist, bigot Republican Glenn Beck and his agents for the evil Bush Administration. Hopefully, the current Administration will shut up these people and stop the proliferation of free speech that is infesting the Country!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear that your hate, racism is gone from Houston. Can you Pat Gray with you?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Buddy. Not all of us yankees are liberal. Some of us came down here to get away from them. I can't stand them any more than you can. Hopefully Pat can help Glenn on a national level, to get his message out to the conservatives of this once great country to save it before the useless pieces of *&^% liberals or "progressives" ruin it for everybody (including themselves). Pat will be missed here in Houston but lets back him as he takes the fight to them in NY.

    Cory

    ReplyDelete
  12. blueroseof texas8/04/2009 10:01:00 AM

    Pat, we won't miss your intellectual dishonesty, hate speech, bigotry and jingoism. Good riddance to very bad rubbish. It's fitting that you have found your place at the feet of the Big Buddha of intolerance: Glenn Beck. And before all you knuckle-dragging rednecks try to brand me as a "Liberal Yankee" I am from Oklahoma and Texas and am the descendent of decent, freedom loving pioneers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, I am reading several comments about Pat Gray/Glenn Beck being racist, hate mongers, bigots....Seriously? Sounds like these comments are from hate mongers, racist and bigots? Am I right? If I am not mistaken the 1st Amendment provides freedom of speech and thank goodness we have people in this country who are willing to speak up and fight when our constitutional rights become threatened. Our country was founded under certain principles and if we're not careful we can loose these rights. God bless America and all the wonderful, blessed people who are willing to stand up and fight for our rights!!! GO PAT & GLENN!!!

    K

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now if we can just get rid of Chris Baker, Houston radio will be tolerable once again!

    ReplyDelete
  15. After hearing the hatchet job Beck did on Medina, and now the continuing attack on Medina by KSEV radio- it all makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I got Pat into radio in the late 1970's in Helena, Montana. I wish him the best of luck with his old buddy Glenn. To the self loathing, prancing pantywaste, hating, bigoted, loser, waste of skin, never did anything of any remote importance in their wasted lives, living in their parent's basement liberals wishing him ill, it's obvious you just hate people who are just plain better than you. That would be most people. After this obamanation of an administration finishes it's rain of slime on this nation, no moron democrap will be elected to the Whitehouse for the next 20 years. Complete idiots.

    ReplyDelete

AD