support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Insite's take on 39 KIAH billboards - 'a 1-900 number ad?'

Isiah Carey better known as "The Insite" (actually that is not probably true anymore, he is probably better known as Isiah Carey since his YouTube video fame) posted about the 39 KIAH billboards I talked about in my post TV station billboard war.

These are the ads all over Houston freeways that feature 39 News top anchor Mia Gradney in various poses. I believe they all say "Watch me at 9" with Mia's signature below.  There are various versions - some have a brown background, some have a white background.

But The Insite was a little confused as to exactly what kind of ad this was:

At one point I wasn't sure if I should watch her on the news or look for a 1-900 number to call! READ THE REST

I guess in Houston this would be easy to mistake. Those types of ads are everywhere. Others have said the same thing to me.  Hey, but sex sells in TV and if you don't think so, I have some land on Mars I would like to sell to you.

(Image courtesy littlelostrobot) CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here