support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Just finished Nikki Sixx's Heroin Diaries

As I mentioned before, I have been reading Nikki Sixx's The Heroin Diaries: A Year in the Life of a Shattered Rock Star which debuted at the #7 spot on The New York Times Book Review non-fiction best seller list.

Now I am finished and believe it or not, it was a good read. Then again, if you ever read this blog with any regularity you know I am a Motley Crue fan. I don't want to give it away, but a lot of the book deals with Sixx's demons and heroin use. Bet you couldn't tell that from the title?

You learn new stuff about the band like that Nikki and lead singer Vince Neil hated each other through the 80s. No surprise since Vince left or was fired depending on who's side you take. This bit of trivia came out right before the book's release, but we also learn that Dire Straits Money for Nothing is about Motley Crue. And Aerosmith's Dude Looks like a Lady is about Vince Neil. The latter was already out there though.

Don't forget that Slash's biography Slash comes out October 30th. I just bought Everybody Wants Some: The Van Halen Saga by Ian Christie and Howard Kurtz' book Reality Show: Inside the Last Great Television News War. We'll see when I get to all of this.

CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here