support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Monday, August 27, 2007

VIDEO: BarCamp Houston 2 coverage



Better late than never. Here is my coverage of Barcamp Houston 2. Mine took a little longer
because I pulled out the Flip Video camera and decided to cut some mikemcguff.com blog web TV coverage.

Those included in the video are:
I got a lot out of BarCamp Houston, especially in the afternoon sessions. My only wishes would be keeping sessions on time and a microphone for the speakers. Other things that were interesting, Wowio and Spresent, plus Dwight Silverman's Twitter stream coverage.

I used the Flip Video camera to shoot this. I'm sure my TV photographer friends would be wincing in pain from watching this. But when you are shooting with a camera that looks like an iPod, there are some concessions to make with quality. I learned a lot about shooting with the Flip Video. Number 1, pay attention to holding it straight on your subject, but when you are asking questions and concentrating on that, you forget. This video could be the argument against one man bands, but if I had an actual camera it would have turned out very different. Watch out for my Flip Video review soon. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here