support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Monday, August 27, 2007

Disney coming to Houston or Katy?

I keep hearing this rumor that Disney is buying land in the Katy area or at west Houston. I have seen it on the Internet, heard about in person and received an email about it.

What is the deal? Why would Disney do this? The only reason I can come up with is they would want a theme park or something centrally located since the other parks are on the coasts. The land out there is growing in value, but it certainly isn't too expensive for Disney. We are in a good location for folks from Mexico, Central and Latin America to show up. The Galleria takes advantage of that fact.

But seriously, I don't see it happening.

In full disclosure, I work for Disney and have heard nothing about this nor would I probably ever know anything ahead of an official announcement. The rumor might have come from this. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here