support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

KHCW's Casanova Nurse tells us about his cool name

About a month ago, I featured KHCW's Casanova Nurse as the best on air name of the week. Casanova wrote in to the Mike McGuff Blog with the origins of his popular name:


I've been checking into your blog every few days since I discovered it about four months ago. What a pleasant surprise to read a posting about me, a relative newbie to the Houston scene.

Since I entered the TV weather business four years ago, the number-one question I get from folks is about the origin of my name. Most believe it is a stage name, but I can honestly say Casanova Nurse is my true birth name. My father, a native of the Caribbean islands, named me after a family he knew in Cuba before coming to the U.S. many years ago. (If my mom had her way, I would be named Keith, which might not work well in the weather office, having two Keiths around!)


Good point!


(Image courtesy of KHCW)

CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here