support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Monday, September 04, 2006

Where are Jackie Robins and Ed Chandler formerly of KLDE?

Marilyn wrote into the mikemcguff blog asking where Ed Chandler and Jackie Robins went after leaving 107.5 KLDE?

I just so happened to find Ed Chandler at 100.3 KILT-FM (he's the one in the hat):
Ed Chandler

Sunday: 2:00 PM - 7:00 PM

I am a native Texan, born and raised in east Texas in a small town called Commerce. I had your typical east Texas accent, realized it while in high school and if I wanted to pursue my dream to be on the radio, I needed to get rid of it – plain and simple. After all, saying things like “gee-eat” wasn’t gonna cut it in the big city, so I packed up my car and moved to sunny California where I spent 14 years at some great radio stations in San Diego and Los Angeles.

Then I got back to Texas as quick as I could to “git r done” right here in my home state. After making stops in Dallas, Austin and San Antonio, I finally make it back to Houston.

Anyway, now here I am at one of the most powerful and legendary radio groups in the world – CBS, thrilled to be working at KILT with legends like Hudson and Harrigan, Rowdy Yates and the whole crew. I’m happier than “pigs in mud”; oh there I go again with that east Texas accent. Anyway just happy to be here ya’ll! Hope you’ll listen every chance you get cause it don’t get much better than 100.3 K I L T!
KILT are legendary call letters.

As for Jackie Robins, I don't know. She was recently on the Houston SPCA telethon on KHCW 39 (with Ed Chandler).

If you do know, let me know. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here