support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston streaming dvd
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

The newest Houston journo blog

I've been quiet about this so far, but I've started a blog for KTRK. It's called 'Jeff's Consumer Blog' and it is what it sounds like - the blog for the Action 13 Consumer Department of the station. So far I've been blogging for it a couple of weeks.


I've named it "Jeff's Consumer Blog" because Jeff Ehling is the on air talent for the consumer department and it does talk about things he's doing or mentioned on air, but it also covers other material like any other blog. I don't believe Jeff will ever actually blog himself.

This was a very soft launch for several reasons. The most obvious is that I'm doing it all through HTML for now. We will supposedly be getting some real blogging software in. But right now, there is no trackback, comments or RSS. And when I started it, Jeff was still on vacation so we weren't turning any original content for a week or so.

But issues aside, it is the first step in a permanent abc13.com blog and that's a good thing.

As for the challenge I talked about a month ago or so, we're still chugging along. Hopefully soon we will have some online only video content on the consumer site. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here