support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Monday, November 28, 2005

My personal view of Reliant City during the Katrina relief

I was fortunate enough to get an insiders view of the 'Reliant City' complex during the Hurricane Katrina relief effort in September. A photographer and I were turned loose to find the overlooked stories.

Now you can see my personal pictures of inside the Astrodome during the relief effort. I think you'll see images you didn't catch a few months ago. The Astrodome almost seems eerie in these pictures because of the way it looks. You'll have to see for yourself.

Aside from news was the Hollywoodization of the catastrophe. For example, I did an interview with Vanessa Williams (Her eyes are amazing by the way). Celebrities were a common occurrence. A cop told me while Ricky Martin appearing on CNN, Steve Guttenberg of Police Academy fame was there actually doing volunteer work without cameras rolling. That was refreshing to hear. My slideshow has more celebrities in it if that interests you. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here