Jasmin Caldwell announced in September 2026 that she is jumping to KWTX 10 Waco-Temple-Killeen as an anchor-reporter from competitor KCEN 6.
Caldwell shared the news on social media:
"NEW CHAPTER. SAME COMMUNITY. NEW STATION!
I’m so excited to share that I am officially joining the KWTX News 10 team!
After nearly a decade of telling stories across Central Texas, it means so much to me that I get to continue doing what I love in a community that has truly become home.
I’m grateful for every person who has supported me, encouraged me and followed my journey over the years. Your messages, prayers and kind words during this transition have meant more than you know.
I’m excited for what’s ahead — more breaking news, and more community stories.
Central Texas, I’m not going anywhere! I’m just changing the channel.
See you on KWTX News 10!"
Caldwell was a longtime anchor of KCEN 6 and its Texas Today morning newscast. She announced that August 11, 2026, would be her final day at the station after nine years.
She joined KCEN in 2017 and eventually became part of the station's anchor lineup after working as a weekday reporter and weekend evening anchor.
In 2022, Caldwell was part of a historic anchor team alongside Taheshah Moise and Ashley Carter. NBC News reported at the time that the trio formed the first Black female anchor team of its kind in the country.
When she announced her departure from KCEN, Caldwell made it clear that viewers won't have to say goodbye to her altogether.
“Just to be clear, I will still be living here in Central Texas. I’m not moving. So you will still see me around,” Caldwell wrote on Facebook.
Caldwell is a graduate of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, where she earned a degree in Broadcast Journalism.
Parker Cox joins KCEN 6
With Caldwell leaving KCEN, the NBC affiliate is also adding a new face to its weather team.
Parker Cox has joined KCEN 6 as the station's evening meteorologist.
- Matt Farrell leaves KCEN Waco
Cox comes to Central Texas from KAVU 25 News Now in Victoria, where he served as morning meteorologist beginning in July 2023.
While at KAVU, Cox handled morning weather duties and also co-anchored Sunrise alongside Carolina Astrain.
A Dallas-area native, Cox earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Atmospheric Science from Texas A&M University in 2022.
More Waco-Temple-Killeen media moves
Caldwell and Cox aren't the only recent changes happening in the Waco-Temple-Killeen television market.
KCEN 6 has welcomed Ashley Henderson as a new Multiskilled Journalist/Reporter.
Meanwhile, Jasmine Lotts, a multimedia journalist and anchor at KWTX 10, has left the station.
Over at KXXV 25 News, sports reporter Shahji Adam has departed Waco to join the sports department at TMJ4 News in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
And KCEN has also said goodbye to multimedia journalist Brandon Cote.
