support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston streaming dvd
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Friday, August 09, 2024

Monica Madden joins ABC7 News - KGO



Monica Madden, the KXAN Capitol Correspondent in the Nexstar Media Group Austin Bureau, announced she is leaving the station for a job covering politics for ABC7 News - KGO Bay Area and San Francisco.

RELATED
We're politics reporters


Here is a portion of what Madden posted on X:


"It's been one heck of a ride. From countless hours covering #txlege, to thousands of miles logged reporting on stories all across Texas — it's been such an honor & easily one of the most formative chapters of my life so far.


Leaving Texas is bittersweet, I'll miss my Austin family dearly.


I can't officially say where yet, but I'm thrilled to be going somewhere that works for both my career and better for my personal life. And I promise, I'm staying in news!


It's been such a privilege to report on this dynamic state. In a lot of ways, I feel like I grew up and found my footing as a journalist here in Texas. I'm grateful for everyone who helped support me along the way and made my time here memorable. You know who you are."



Madden joined KXAN in August 2021 from Nexstar's sister station, WHO 13 News in Des Moines, Iowa, where she was a political reporter/weekend anchor.

The University of Missouri-Columbia grad interned with MSNBC and worked for the school's KOMU 8 News as a reporter/anchor, production assistant, and digital producer. 




* Post updated with news that Monica Madden is joining KGO San Francisco.



CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here