support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston streaming dvd
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Monday, August 26, 2024

KVUE Austin employee adopts child featured in station segment


An Austin television segment led to the addition of the KVUE family.

Every week, morning anchor Hannah Rucker produces the adoption segment Forever Families. In 2023, she featured Samantha, who was part of the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services foster care system.

In August 2024, KVUE employee Jay Roecker adopted Samantha. 

During the adoption process in a Travis County courtroom, Roecker told Sam:


"Sam, you're a beautiful, intelligent, amazing, bright light and it should never be hidden. And you did not deserve the conditions you were born into. But as Ms. Eisenhower, your fourth grade teacher, said, 'Sometimes, the universe gets it right.' And as Aunt Kimberly said, 'Sometimes, the stork is just a little late.' I'm just thankful to have you in my life. My mother, who passed away a long time ago, who you've chosen as your middle name, she's your guardian angel. She's going to look after you. I hope you feel the same way. Will you be my daughter forever?"


"I don’t think I’ll ever stop crying over this," Rucker posted on Facebook.  "And now I get to keep seeing Samantha and be a part of her life. This means everything to me."




CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here