support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Thursday, February 22, 2024

Stephanie Shields leaves KTSM 9 El Paso


Stephanie Shields is the latest to leave KTSM 9 El Paso, where she was an anchor for "News at Noon" and a recently added hour-long 4pm newscast.

Shields is leaving the TV news biz and joining the City of El Paso with the El Paso Police Department media relations/public affairs team. 

She worked for KTSM 9 for five and a half years.

Here is what Shields posted on Facebook:


"I started working at KTSM in 2018 when I returned home to El Paso from grad school at ASU. Ever since then, every day has been an adventure being able to tell the stories of my hometown and our community.


I grew up here at Channel 9. Started as a young woman, worked hard through 2 pregnancies, and became a mama all during my time here.


I learned nearly every role here from being a “one-man band” shooting, editing and reporting my own stories on the weekend, to doing some sports anchoring, and then anchoring my own shows.


I fell in love with my Borderland community every day, being able to tell your stories. Some good, some sad, and some that brought me joy and laughter.


So thank YOU, to the viewers. To those who’ve allowed me into your homes to give you the news. To those who make me so passionate about journalism and those who remind me why it’s always important to be an advocate and share the stories of our community."


The University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP) grad and Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication at Arizona State University master's degree earner previously worked as a sports reporter for Cronkite News. 

Since you are still here, let's look at other KTSM 9 anchor changes in 2024.




CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here