support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Wednesday, December 06, 2023

Chikage Windler reveals cancer battle


Chikage Windler, the Chief Meteorologist at CBS Austin KEYE, for the first time, recently talked about her battle and conquering of cancer.

Here is what Windler posted to social:


"It's been a whirlwind of emotions since I finally shared the secret I'd been holding close. 


I conquered cancer, and running helped me every (literal and figurative) step of the way. 


Now, I want to share my story with you, in the hopes that maybe I can help you or someone you know.


 I'm thankful for early detection and my doctors. 


I'm thankful to New Balance for inviting me to be a panelist at their "Run your way" event last night where I shared my story publicly for the first time. 


I'm thankful that CBS Austin gave me the time to tell viewers today about my journey."


In the Facebook clip below, which is a longer clip than the above YouTube one, anchor Walt Maciborski said he did not even know of Windler's cancer battle since she kept it quiet.

Windler joined KEYE from WTHR 13 Indianapolis in 2013.







CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here