support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Thursday, September 28, 2023

William Joy leaves WFAA DFW


William Joy left WFAA 8 Dallas- Fort Worth in September 2023 where he was a reporter.

Here is a portion of what Joy posted Instagram about his television departure:


"That end comes with an exciting beginning. I’m thrilled to be joining Haynes and Boone, an international corporate law firm headquartered here in Dallas, as a Communications Manager.

I’ve had a love for journalism since I was a kid. My parents taught me to read with The Tennessean’s sports section. 

I’m filled with overwhelming gratitude and pride when I think of the talented journalists I’ve worked with and learned from. 

Journalism has taken me from Columbia to Charleston, Louisville, Kansas City and Dallas. I’ve talked to governors and presidents, covered the Masters and Kentucky Derby, hurricanes and tornadoes, and witnessed world-shaping events."


Joy joined WFAA in January 2020 from KMBC 9 News Kansas City, Missouri where he was a reporter.


He previously worked as a:

- Reporter/MMJReporter/MMJ for WAVE 3 News Louisville, Kentucky

- Reporter/MMJ for WCSC Live 5 News Charleston, South Carolina

- Reporter/Anchor KOMU 8 Columbia, Missouri


The Missouri School of Journalism grad at the Fox News London Bureau and NewsChannel 5 Network WTVF Nashville, Tennessee.





 

CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here