support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Friday, September 01, 2023

Dave Froehlich leaves KHOU 11 Houston

Dave Froehlich



Dave Froehlich announced he was leaving KHOU 11 Houston as its morning co-anchor with Kimberly Davis and Stephanie Simmons.


UPDATE OCTOBER 2023
Dave Froehlich returns to FOX 7 Austin KTBC


Here is what Froehlich said on Instagram in a video:


"All right. Exciting morning. Hectic morning. But if you didn't know and you care, my time on KHOU 11 morning news and my time at KHOU has come to an end as of this morning. 

It's very full circle. I just happen to know it was September 1st when I got to walk in the building for the first time, September 1st, 2021, for my for my interview there. And now two years later, it's wrapped up. 

And it was a dream come true to get to work in TV in my hometown. It's what I always wanted to do and I got to do it. And it was it was everything I could have hoped it would have been because of the great people who you see on the show every day, Steph and Kim and Chita and Jen and and all the reporters, all the producers, all the directors, all the editors and everybody in the building. So that's a great team. 

I hope you keep watching the show. I'm going to keep watching the show. And I just want to say thank you for a great experience and a great run at KHOU. Again, I'm going to keep watching. 

As for what I'm going to do next, um, I don't know. I'll let you know, but I don't know right now. I might take a nap."


UPDATE:  On the same holiday weekend that Froehlich said he was leaving, another Houston TV newser announced her departure, too.


Froehlich joined KHOU 11 from FOX 7 KTBC's "Good Day Austin" in late 2021. He had been with KTBC since 2013.

He previously worked for KRIS 6 News Corpus Christi from 2010 to 2013.

A native of Houston, Froehlich grew up in the northwest neighborhood of Inwood Forest. His wife, Mariah, is also a native Houstonian.

The Eisenhower High School and University of Texas at Austin grad also worked for:


FOX4 News Kansas City WDAF 
Weekend Anchor/Reporter
2007 to 2010 


KRIS Corpus Christi
Anchor/Reporter/Producer
2004 to 2007


ABC 7 Amarillo KVII
Anchor/Reporter
2001 to 2004


KREX 5 Grand Junction, CO
Anchor/Reporter
2000 to 2001


KPRC 2 Houston
Production Assistant
1999 to 2000 







CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here