support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Friday, July 14, 2023

Hunter Smith leaves News 12 KXII Sherman


Hunter Smith has left News 12 KXII Sherman and TV news behind for a PR job in Dallas.

Here is a portion of what Smith posted on Facebook:


"I’m thankful for all the opportunities News 12 has given me and grateful for how welcoming the Texoma community has been throughout my time here. 

God has allowed me to pursue a career I’ve dreamed of doing from the time I was doing the morning announcements in elementary school. 

However dreams change, and when looking at the goals I have for myself beyond my career, it was time to make a change to give those goals the time, energy, and commitment they deserve. 

This next chapter is leading me into uncharted territory but I couldn’t be more excited."


Smith joined KXII in 2021 as a sportscaster and moved to morning anchor in July 2022.

The native Texan previously worked as a sportscaster for WBKO 13 Bowling Green, Kentucky.

A graduate of Texas Christian University (TCU), Smith interned with the Dallas Cowboys and Fox Sports Southwest (now known as Bally Sports).



CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here