support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Monday, June 12, 2023

Brianna Chavez joins KSL 5 TV Salt Lake City


Brianna Chavez left her traffic and noon anchor position with KVIA 7 El Paso on June 9, 2023 and announced in July that she's headed to KSL 5 TV Salt Lake City, Utah.

 

Some exciting news to share! I’ll be joining the team at KSL 5 TV in Salt Lake City later this month! I’m honored to be able to learn from some incredible journalists there. Tips on how to handle cold weather are much appreciated.


Here is a portion of what Chavez posted on social when leaving El Paso TV:


"The decision to leave didn’t come lightly, but it’s time for the next chapter in my career. 

I’m so grateful for the opportunities KVIA has given me, the skills I’ve learned, the friends I’ve made, but more importantly the stories I was able to tell especially at the height of the COVID-19 pandemic. 

It’s been an incredible honor to serve my hometown for nearly five years. I love you, El Paso. I hope I made you proud. THANK YOU!"


Chavez joined KVIA as an intern in 2018 and was quickly hired after that.  She worked as a news assistant, content editor, producer, reporter and anchor over the years. 

The University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP) grad also interned with KTSM 9 El Paso. 






 

CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here