support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Friday, May 12, 2023

Kaci Koviak's message for KETK East Texas viewers


Kaci Koviak, the 4, 6 and 10pm anchor for KETK NEWS Tyler, let's us know why she stopped appearing on the newscasts back in March 2023.


PAST STORY
Kaci Koviak gives birth in 2022


The station said many KETK viewers were wondering where Koviak was, so she issued this message to say she is caring for her father.

Here is a portion of what Koviak posted on Facebook:


"I am still happily employed with KETK and will return, but right now, I have taken a leave of absence to take care of this guy, my father. 

This journey has been full of extreme ups and downs, but through the loving grace of God and support of family, friends and medical providers, we're making it. 

I am also very grateful for my extended family at KETK, who without hesitation, made it easy for me to quickly transition into this new role, and have made it a priority to check in on me throughout this entire experience."



Koviak joined KETK in January 2011 as a morning anchor. 

The Southern Methodist University (SMU) grad is from outside of Athens, Texas.





CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here