support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Thursday, April 27, 2023

Emily Chavez leaves CBS Austin


Emily Chavez has left CBS Austin KEYE where she was a morning multimedia journalist.

Here is part of what Chavez posted on social:


"After 4 years in the TV news industry, I’ve decided to step away. Growing up I’ve always wanted to be a reporter and I’m so lucky and thankful to have achieved my dream. I never thought I would end up in Austin, Texas! It’s been a blast and I’ve enjoyed waking up with you every day, but it’s time for a new journey. 

Thank you to the entire central Texas community for making Austin feel like home. It’s been an honor to share your stories. Austin is truly a special place and will forever hold a spot in my heart. As for what’s next? I’m heading to Fort Myers, Florida to be closer to family. I can’t wait to see where this journey will take me!"



Chavez joined KEYE in August 2021 from KGAN CBS 2 and KFXA Fox 28 Cedar Rapids, Iowa where she was also an MMJ.

The Ithaca College grad interned with Spectrum News Buffalo and WHEC-TV 10 NBC Rochester, New York.





CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here