support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Friday, April 07, 2023

Brenda Medina leaves KTSM El Paso


Brenda Medina signed off from her morning anchor role at KTSM 9 News El Paso this week.


UPDATE DECEMBER 2023
Natassia Paloma and Trevor Thompson leaving KTSM 9 News El Paso


Here is what Medina posted on social:


"Borderland! Thank you ALL so much for allowing me to keep you up to date with news impacting our community. 

From west El Paso to the tip of Texas and everything else in between, I truly love and enjoy covering our border. 

This season of my life has me stepping aside in my career for my family. 

It’s definitely not a goodbye, but instead a see you later. Hope you continue to follow along in my journey! Un fuerte abrazo."


As I blogged in October 2022, Medina gave birth to her fourth child

"It’s a sad day here at KTSM because Brenda Medina TV is leaving us," posted co-anchor Trevor Thompson. "But she will forever be part of the KTSM family, and we’ll always remember the great things she taught us!" 

Medina joined KTSM in September 2021 after working four years as the 5 and 10pm anchor for NBC 23 KVEO Rio Grande Valley.

Previous to KVEO, Medina worked in TV for KGNS 8 Laredo as a news anchor and KFOX14 News El Paso as a reporter/traffic anchor.

The University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP) grad interned with WFLA News Channel 8 Tampa, Florida.

In between KGNs and KVEO, Medina worked as the spokesperson for the Webb County Sheriff’s Office.

Now for the item in Medina's bio that REALLY caught my attention...she cheers on both the Dallas Cowboys and Houston Astros! 






CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here