support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Lauren Talarico makes KHOU 11 Houston changes

Lauren Talarico


Lauren Talarico will still be anchoring weekend mornings for KHOU 11 Houston, but is moving from reporting at nights during the week to the day shift.


UPDATE JUNE 2023
Lauren Talarico to leave KHOU 11 Houston


"Balancing motherhood and a career is hard, as I know, so many of you understand. As my children get older working nights has become harder to balance for my family.

I often feel exhausted, guilty for missing bedtime, and like I am moving nonstop from dawn to dusk with very little time to just breathe.

It started taking a real toll on my body and mind.

So, I asked my name my new[s] director if she consider changing my schedule and she agreed. She barely took a beat. She told me she understood that both career and family are important.

I felt incredibly lucky. I wish more people had that experience.

So, from now on, you’ll see me on the dayshift! Here’s to rush-hour and doing what I love during three shows in a row, and then, hopefully most nights, being able to tuck my children into bed."


Talarico joined KHOU in 2014 from News19 WLTX Columbia, South Carolina.


CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here