support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Friday, June 17, 2022

Sofia Ojeda leaves KPRC 2


Sofia Ojeda announced she is leaving the weekend and morning newscast and KPRC 2.


UPDATE NOVEMBER 2022
Sofรญa Ojeda's KPRC 2 return is here

UPDATE OCTOBER 2022
Sofia Ojeda returns to KPRC 2


Here is what Ojeda posted on social media:


"After almost 18 years in this wonderful and crazy news business, it is with bittersweetness in my heart that I announce my departure from the TV news industry. 

I am truly grateful for the opportunity to work in this amazing city. I have learned so much and have grown tremendously. 

Thank you to everyone who has shown me so much love and support since day one. To @kprc2 - thank you. To my dear friends and colleagues- thank you. To the viewers- thank you. I look forward to sleeping in on weekend mornings and no 1am, 2am, 3am wake up calls. 

And of course being able to spend way more time with my precious family. You can continue to follow me on Instagram at “ojedasays” as this account will deactivate by next week. Please join me this weekend morning, Saturday and Sunday, my final weekend morning shows on TV starting at 6 am. Thank you always!!" 


The weekend morning anchor/reporter has two children

Ojeda joined KPRC 2 in March 2015. In 2018, she won a Lone Star EMMY Award for her Hurricane Harvey coverage.

She came to Houston from WNEP 6 Northeastern Scranton, Pennsylvania where she an evening anchor/reporter.


Before that, Ojeda worked for 

- WTEM 18 Elmira, NY - anchor/reporter

- WIVT/WBGH NewsChannel 34 Binghamton, NY - anchor/reporter

- News 12 the Bronx - freelance reporter

- ABC7 WABC New York - news desk assistant


The College of New Jersey grad interned with WABC in both the station's news and sports departments.

Outside of channel 2, Ojeda is a Lecturer in the Jack J. Valenti School of Communication at the University of Houston.




CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here