support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Tuesday, March 08, 2022

Kathleen and Josh Ninke joining WAVE 3 Louisville, Kentucky


Kathleen and Josh Ninke, the married KBTX News3 Bryan-College Station morning anchor team, are leaving for Gray owned sister-station WAVE 3 Louisville, Kentucky.

UPDATE
Karla Castillo moves to KBTX 3 mornings


The Ninke's last day on air at KBTX 3 will be March 25, 2022.

Here is part of what Kathleen posted on Instagram about the TV journalist couple's new job:


"At the end of the month, Josh and I are moving to Louisville, Kentucky, to report at KBTX’s Gray Television, Inc. sister station, WAVE News. 

This is the very definition of bittersweet. I have been living in Bryan and working at KBTX for seven years now. I can barely believe it, y’all. I made some of my best friends here. I bought my first home here. I found my church here. I adopted my silly cat here. I met my less silly (but still a little silly) husband here. 

Most importantly, I learned what it means to be part of a COMMUNITY here. I’ve never experienced a place as dedicated to its own betterment. The people who live here are deeply good, and I consider myself lucky to have gotten to know them through reporting and otherwise. 

Many of you already know what it means to us to move back closer to our families. Frankly, it’s difficult to put into words. The idea of finally being short drives from our parents, our siblings, their children, makes me so happy I want to cry. Different from the tears that come when I think of what I’m leaving."


Maybe "News with the Ninkes" will return one day at WAVE 3.

Back in 2017 Kathleen Witte and Josh Ninke met as KBTX co-workers.  They were married in 2020 and months later the same year co-anchors on "Brazos Valley This Morning."

Kathleen Ninke joined KBTX in 2015 from KALB 5 Alexandria, Louisiana.  The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill grad with a master's from the University of Missouri-Columbia interned at ABC11 WTVD Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina and was born and raised in Nashville, Tennessee.

Josh Ninke joined KBTX in July 2017 from WAKA 8 Montgomery, Alabama where he was a weekend anchor/reporter. The University of Georgia grad got his start in the TV news biz with WTVM News Leader 9 Columbus, Georgia as a community web producer/reporter.






CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here