support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Thursday, March 24, 2022

Brittany Flowers leaves KVUE Austin


Brittany Flowers announced she has left KVUE, but being that she's in Austin, got a tattoo live on TV for one of her last stories! 

Keep Austin inked...

Here is what Flowers posted on social:


"I have loved my time in tv and I cherish all the memories with people that I’ve met through this career.

I’ll still be in front of a camera on occasion for Austin FC as one of the hosts for The ATXFC Show.

As for what is next for me and my career.. it’s up in the air."


"All the best on your new adventure in the friendly skies," Daybreak reporter Bryce Newberry posted on Facebook.

So maybe Flowers is really working for the airlines next? UPDATE: Based on Flowers's social media posts, it appears she is now a flight attendant.

Flowers joined KVUE in March 2019 as the TEGNA station's first cultural reporter.

She arrived in Central Texas from WSLS 10 Roanoke, Virginia where she was the EMMY-nominated host/producer for "Daytime Blue Ridge."

The University of New Mexico grad, and Albuquerque native, got her start in the broadcast biz as a host at KRQE NEWS 13/KASA FOX 2 Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Flowers and her husband, Tofer, have two kids.

Speaking of Austin, I was there last week.  At a meeting before SXSW, I was in a South Austin shopping center that had a Kerbey Lane Cafe, Torchy's Tacos, Half Price Books and Amy's Ice Cream next to that.  It doesn't get more Austin than that! 

Later that night, I was driving down Martin Luther King Jr Blvd and swore I saw Robert Hadlock walking down the street with headphones on around 7pm.  Considering KXAN is on that street, maybe it was actually him on his dinner break!





CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here