support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Charly Edsitty in “Our America: Indigenous and Urban”

Charly Edsitty is branching out from her abc13 KTRK morning reporter role to show us her roots.

In “Our America: Indigenous and Urban," available to stream Wednesday, November 17, 2021, Edsitty returns to her childhood home in the Navajo Nation Indian Reservation in the Four Corners region of the Southwest.

Here is how Edsitty described the experience on an Instagram post:

"This is a deeply personal project — I invited cameras to come home with me to the rez!  I’ve never done that before! I’m usually asking the questions, not answering them!

I grew up a Native kid just trying to find my place, trying to understand myself & exist in two completely different worlds.

I credit my culture & my grandparents with raising me to be tough and proud of who I am & where I come from."

You can watch “Our America: Indigenous and Urban,” executive produced by Porsha Grant, Nzinga Blake and Mariel Myers of the ABC Owned Television Stations race and culture beat, across the owned station’s 32 connected TV apps on streaming platforms Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV and Roku.



CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here