support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Thursday, October 21, 2021

Jessica Willey completes Boston Marathon

Jessica Willey

Jessica Willey ran her first Boston Marathon.

Here is part of what the abc13 KTRK reporter posted about the experience on Facebook:

"I will never forget the feeling of anticipation as I turned right on Hereford and then left on Boylston to run the remainder to the finish line. It was exhilarating. The last time I was in Boston was to report after the marathon bombing in 2013 so I also thought about the victims, their families, the runners who were left on the course, and the city. I was truly humbled to be able to be running towards the finish and fulfilling a goal."

So how did Willey do?  Her time was 4 hours and 10 minutes.  A time she wrote, "is far from what I had hoped for but I’m proud, nonetheless." 

Hey, we're all proud!

The Boston University graduate had been a spectator of the marathon in the past so she was "vaguely familiar with the course."

She says the cheers from the crowd really helped as did the support from her husband, kids and friends in the stands. 

Back in 2019, I blogged how Willey qualified for the Boston Marathon based on her performance at the Chevron Houston Marathon. She did not end up running it at that time.

Nevertheless, Willey did close her post with a "Go Astros" being the times we are in and all!




 

CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here