support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Chelsea Andrews leaves FOX 7 KTBC Austin

Chelsea Andrews is leaving the FOX 7 KTBC weather department.

Here is what the Austin meteorologist posted on Facebook:

"After spending the last 6 years in Austin and our entire lives in Texas, my husband and I will be leaving in a few weeks. The ink's not completely dry on the next chapter yet but I'll share more info soon.

This weekend will be my last on-air with FOX 7 Austin and if you want to see a grown woman lose her cool and cry on TV, tune in Sunday from 6 a.m. to 8 a.m (Ed note: This has already happened). 

I've been blessed to follow my meteorology dreams to this great city and I thank everyone who trusted me to get them through tornadoes, hailstorms, floods, and February's winter onslaught. This place and the people I've met here have a special place in my 💕 forever.

Thanks for everything, Austin. Happy trails, y'all!"

Prior to FOX 7, Andrews was a Public Information Officer (PIO) for the Texas Department of Transportation in Brownwood, Texas.

The Marion, TX native started in TV before that at KTXS Abilene as a meteorologist.

The Texas A&M University grad, who has a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Meteorology, interned with KBTX 3 in Bryan/College Station.




CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here