support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Monday, September 20, 2021

Charlotte Huffman to leave WFAA 8 Dallas

Charlotte Huffman, WFAA 8 Dallas investigative reporter, is leaving the station at the end of 2021.

RELATED
Kalee Dionne to leave WFAA Dallas


Here is what Huffman posted on Facebook:

"I want to let you know that I have decided to leave WFAA at the end of the year so that I can refocus my passion and my skills into a new adventure! I’m not quite ready to share what that is yet but I am very excited about this next chapter! 

It’s been a heck of a ride, to say the least. My job as WFAA’s investigative reporter has taken me to some amazing places. I’ve had both the privilege and the responsibility to let loose a little more truth into the world by shining a light in areas that some prefer to be kept dark.

Along the way I’ve worked with incredible photographers and producers. I’ve reported some very exciting stories and also some very painful ones. I’ve interviewed countless victims, criminals, high powered officials and top politicians. Perhaps most importantly, I’ve interviewed average Americans just struggling to have their voices heard. Throughout this journey I’ve prided myself on asking the tough and uncomfortable questions. As a result I’ve learned so much about this crazy world we live in. 

Thanks to my my agent, my husband, my co-workers and my news directors for their support every step of the way. Especially, thank you to the countless people who trusted me to tell their stories. Together we’ve changed laws and changed lives."

Huffman joined WFAA in 2015, replacing Byron Harris who retired.

Prior to arriving in DFW TV, Huffman worked for:
- CBS O&O KYW Philadelphia
- WNCN Raleigh, North Carolina
- KETK Tyler
- KDFX Wichita Falls

The Edward R. Murrow and EMMY award-winning reporter was born and raised in Oklahoma City and earned her degree from Southern Methodist University (SMU). 

"What many people may not realize is that the seven or eight-minute-long story you see on TV may have taken seven or eight months to uncover," Huffman said on her WFAA bio. "WFAA stands behind me and empowers me to really get to the bottom of an issue, no matter how long it takes. There’s a passion for excellence here and we set the bar high for ourselves. I think that’s one reason why WFAA has always had a reputation for being an investigative powerhouse."





CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here