support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Erin Cargile leaving KXAN Austin

Erin Cargile, KXAN Austin Investigative Reporter, posted on Facebook that she is signing off the Nexstar station:

"When you’ve been somewhere for a long time doing something you love, change is hard. But the thought of branching out and growing in new ways is exciting, too. 

I’ve decided to sign off the air at KXAN at the end of May. Thank YOU for your support, and for trusting me with your tips and story ideas over the last 13 years. From my humble beginnings as the Hill Country reporter, to covering the Olympics, to anchoring the weekend newscasts, to joining our dedicated investigative team — I have thoroughly enjoyed keeping Central Texans in the know and serving this great city. It has been an honor and a job I've never taken lightly.  

I will continue to support local journalism, and will always be a storyteller.

My family and I are staying in Austin so I’ll definitely see ya around, and keep you posted on my next adventure."

RELATED
Sydney Benter leaving KXAN Austin 

Cargile has been with KXAN for 13 years.  

She arrived in June 2008 as the Hill Country bureau reporter, moving to the education beat, then weekend news anchor and adding investigative duties in 2018.

Before Austin, the award-winning TV journalist worked as a reporter for KRIS Corpus Christi and KXII Sherman.

She grew up in Waxahachie and is a graduate of Oklahoma Christian University.

UPDATE
After KXAN, Erin Cargile joined latakoo as a Director of Content & Training.


CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here