support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Thursday, February 25, 2021

Houston TV anniversaries decades in the making!

Here are three big Houston TV anniversaries that I've happened to catch over the last months via social media...at times while I was not blogging...so here we go now!

FOX 26 KRIV "What’s Your Point?” host Greg Groogan (36 years in TV as of January 2021)

"I have been at this now 36 years. Thank you Juan Campos numero uno." Groogan posted to Facebook at the time.  "I have served under 14 news directors including former colleague Carolyn Mungo. One factor that I believe always helped my longevity was an absolute disinterest in anchoring. Never, ever asked, to their collective relief. Which, of course, renders this current gig the ultimate irony. That said, I am proud of how this Sunday morning show has evolved into a genuine asset for my community. Watch the conversation and judge for yourself. No harm, no foul if you disagree. The skin toughens substantially after three and half decades."

abc13 KTRK Chief Forecaster David Tillman (20 years at channel 13 as of October 2020)

"Can you believe it?  I've been working at the best television station in the nation for 20 years," Tillman posted to Facebook  at the time.  "Today is my 20 year anniversary. It's been a blast. Let's see if I can make it another 20 years."

KHOU 11 investigative reporter Jeremy Rogalski (20 years at channel 11 as of January 2021)

"Today I celebrate my 20th anniversary at KHOU," Rogalski posted to Facebook at the time.  "A former colleague once told me working in this biz is like having a front-row ticket to life. That is so spot on. Allison, Enron, 9/11, Columbia STS-107, Katrina, Rita, Ike, Harvey and COVID-19 are just some of the major events I covered. And over the past 20 years, our investigations exposed corruption, wrongdoing, taxpayer waste and abuse. We held the powerful accountable and gave a voice to the voiceless. I'm so very grateful for having this front-row seat to tell your stories. Now it's back to work on a Monday!"




CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here