support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Thursday, January 14, 2021

Nick Bannin joins KXAN

Nick Bannin will be joining will join KXAN 36 Austin's First Warning Weather team as the weekend evenings meteorologist.  

He comes from 22News WWLP western Massachusetts and will be joining the ranks of Joe Rogan and Elon Musk by moving to Austin - albeit he is coming from the other side of the US.

RELATED
Jim Spencer semi-retires from KXAN, David Yeomans takes place

Here is Bannin's social media goodbye post:

"After a decade at 22News I have accepted a meteorologist position at a TV station in Austin, Texas. 

This Friday, January 8th, will be my final day on air before my family begins the long drive to our new home. 

Being your meteorologist has been the honor of a lifetime and you’ve shown me so much kindness over these past 10 years. 

While I haven’t met most of you in person, I always felt like I was speaking to friends on the other side of the camera. Those of you I DID meet validated that feeling. Thank you. 

I’ve lived longer in western Massachusetts than any other place in my life and I could only see myself leaving this area for a special opportunity. I’ve made incredible friends during my time here and I’ve been lucky to work with some fantastic people at 22News, both on air and behind the scenes. Leaving this all behind will be tough. 

I thank my wife the most as she’s lived in the Springfield area since she was just 6 months old. Her roots and family are here and I’m truly grateful to her for supporting this career move. 

Thank you for your viewership and your trust. I know you’re in good hands with the rest of the Storm Team. 

Bye for now..."

Bannin has worked for WWLP since October 2010 - first as a weekender, then to the morning news.

He started his career at WETM Elmira, New York.

The Cornell University grad is originally from Bristol England.  He moved back and forth across the pond through his childhood and is a diehard Manchester United supporter.

Another interesting fact, according to his bio, he met his wife while interviewing her for a story.

Back at 22News, it was announced that Kelly Reardon will be taking over his 4:30 to 7am and noon shifts.



CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here