support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston streaming dvd
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Thursday, October 08, 2020

The Mike McGuff blog is 15 years old!

The mikemcguff.com blog is 15 years old, plus I'm going on a blogging break 


As noted earlier, this week is the 15th anniversary of the mikemcguff.com (can't believe I am writing that statement).

Thanks for reading all of these years and helping me guide the coverage.  

I didn't name it the Houston TV blog or anything like that originally because it wasn't about TV in 2005 or even the immediate years after that.  Back then, it was my personal blog about Houston news that wouldn't make the mainstream media, technology news, music or whatever I found interesting at the moment.

Since I somewhat knew the broadcast media biz, the posts I started writing about TV or radio really started to take off. Hence, what you have today for better or worse.

Believe it or not, I even had a podcast back in 2006 tied to the blog!

Blogging pros would tell you I made a big mistake staying on the free blogger platform all these years.  What I got was blogging with no monthly hosting bills to pay and less technical hassles.  What I gave up was the pro look of a WordPress site that advertisers and marketers would be more interested in advertising on.  

But the contrarian in me loves the fact that I (with the help of my readers) have already reached nearly 1.2 million unique pageviews readers in 2020 on a free blogger.com blog!

I really appreciate how some readers get mad when I take a blogging break, but that is what is happening now. People who are celebrating...TV news managers.

If there is some major Houston or Texas media breaking news story, then by all means, contact me. I'll come back for that.

Follow me on Twitter, Facebook or sign up for my blog post email newsletter to get notified immediately when I return to blogging duty.

Also, if you have the desire, support my McGuff Media 2020 Walk to End Alzheimer's team. If not my team, then support another one until we don't need an Alzheimer's walk anymore because the disease has been defeated.

If you want to catch up on some recent stuff that I think was a notch above the usual posts, please take some time to read the following:

Mike Capps: From KPRC to WFAA, ABC and CNN

Rashi Vats's 5pm anchor journey is a Texas story of hard work and love

First ever show in the nation to solely focus on weather and traffic coverage debuts on CW39 Houston KIAH

KVEO Brownsville debuts first-ever Latina anchor team

While I'm away, check out some other media sites like TVNewsCheck, FTVLive, Newsblues and TVSpy.



CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here