support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Friday, June 19, 2020

James Brown leaves KBMT Beaumont


12News KBMT Beaumont weekend meteorologist James Brown has left the TEGNA station in what the Beaumont Enterprise reports as, "citing a difference of opinion with the station on their coverage of racial tensions."

“I will not go into detail of my resigning, as not to get ‘caught up’ in this revolution or whatever you want to call it,” he said in his letter of resignation, which was shared by local media personality Kevin Steele. “My opinion does not make any difference to anyone but me, however, I still believe … Red, Yellow, Black, and White, we are precious in His site. Adding fuel to a fire that is out of control is not in me to associate with.”

Brown previously worked for KFDM Beaumont for more than 25 years.

He left the television business in 2013 to open a restaurant called James Brown’s Gumbo House & Grill in Vidor.

Recently Brown returned to TV at KBMT.

According to his bio, Brown started his broadcasting career in radio working in that medium in the 1970s and 80s.




CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here