support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Thursday, May 14, 2020

KLOL's Dayna Steele starts podcast

Dayna Steele starts new podcast ‘The Rock Star Principles of Success’


If anyone in Houston should have a podcast, it's Dayna Steele.

"I was going a little stir crazy in quarantine and thought I’d at least give it a try," Steele told mikemcguff.com. "Just like radio, the minute I put the headphones on, pulled the mic down, and started interviewing people, I was in my happy place once again."

While quarantining from home, the Texas Radio Hall of Famer and former Rock 101 KLOL DJ has been reaching out to her vast network and landing some great interviews.

For those longtime Houstonians, remember when Steele hosted a show on Houston's Talk FM, 97 Talk KKTL in the 1990s?

KLOL rockers will recognize her latest guests, guitarist Brad Gillis (Night Ranger, Ozzy Osbourne), Trans-Siberian Orchestra guitarist Angus Clark, Songwriter Hall of Famer Holly Night (Pat Benatar "Love is a Battlefield," Aerosmith "Rag Doll," Tina Turner "Better be Good to me"...etc.)and even Beyonce’s dad Mathew Knowles!

So what is the difference between radio and podcasts?

"I don’t have a boss or a parent company," "This one is 45 minutes to an hour and I can talk to anyone I want to. It’s only once a week right now. I told someone the other day it’s like a tiny radio show to get my fix each week. But just like radio, we need sponsors, advertisers and supporters."


And for the many folks who contributed to Steele's recent Houston Food Bank fundraiser that ended up in a shaved head, the ultimate tally ended up being right at $10,000!

As for her now missing hair!

"It’s growing back slowly and dark – I was hoping to find more gray or silver, just a few though," Steele told me. "It was kind of like Velcro at first. And, I can’t get my family to stop petting me now. I’ll grow it back out and then decide what color it will next. You can still give to the food bank, text DAYNA to 41444."

Check out Dayna’s books on Amazon:

- Rock to the Top: It Now Goes to Eleven – What You Can Learn About Success from the World’s Greatest Rock Stars
- 101 Ways to Rock Your World: Everyday Activities for Success Every Day



CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here