support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Friday, September 15, 2017

About KPRC 2's early exit from the Houston Texans game


I'm getting questions about last night's Houston Texans game.

Normally no one in their right mind would ask me about a football game.

Clearly I'm no Charlie Pallilo or Josh Innes.

First of all, there is good news to report that even I can handle. The Texans beat the Cincinnati Bengals 13-9 for their first win of the season. Bad news is that super star J.J. Watt re-injured his finger.

The reason I'm getting questions about the big game is that apparently Houston didn't see the very end while watching it on KPRC 2.

Now KPRC's Facebook page is getting comments asking what the problem was and demanding an apology.

An apology has come from anchor Bill Balleza via Facebook:

Maybe it is not my place, but I'm going to jump in here and apologize for what happened tonight.

Leaving the game with one final play remaining was a mistake, but not a deliberate mistake.

The producer did not hear the announcer say that one second might be added to the game clock, so when the clock hit zero, we began our newscast. We feel terrible about what happened and we sincerely apologize.

We showed the final play during our sports segment and will no doubt show it again multiple times on Friday.

Again, a terrible mistake, but an honest mistake.

Please try to understand how horrible this producer, who is a wonderful individual, feels about his call.

UPDATE
After I posted this item, KPRC did apologize on social media.


I was also taught on social media about the infamous Heidi Game.




CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here