support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

It's break time, 101 KLOL and where is Dave Ward?

See you soon and subscribe to my social media accounts below to keep informed

Mike McGuff and 101 KLOL Runaway Radio
Mike McGuff and 101 KLOL Runaway Radio
Wow! The summer started off slow for about two weeks and then the Houston media news went full throttle.

Right now we are waiting to see who will be named KTRK abc13 news director, if there will be an interim named in the meantime, has someone already been hired or will a certain KTRK reporter's husband be waiting in the wings to assume the position. Try saying all of that five times fast.

Also where the heck is anchor Dave Ward?

I think the other stations are fairly stable right now...or at least more stable than KTRK at the moment. KPRC will have to hire a new assistant news director, but that's about all I remember. Oh yeah, and KHOU could name a new consumer reporter soon.

If we get any answers, well, they will have to wait to be put on this blog. I'm taking some time off. Got too much going on!

I am putting the finishing touches on my Rock 101 KLOL documentary script. By the way, if you have any KLOL related photos/videos (like you with a KLOL DJ or even in a KLOL shirt) or stories email me!

I'm also building websites for clients to help pay for the cost of this amazing documentary.

And most importantly, I have my two kids with me who have no more organized activities.

Make sure to follow me on Twitter and Facebook and Instagram to keep up with what's going on while I'm away. I'll still feature some news there that won't be on the blog like usual.

BTW, I have some great blog material coming up when I return. New Houston media job announcements and some TV talent acting naughty. I think mikemcguff.com might have to come in and spank them!

IN CASE YOU MISSED SOME BIG HOUSTON MEDIA SUMMER NEWS
- Demond Fernandez moves to WFAA from KTRK abc13
- Bill Young, broadcasting legend, is gone
- 'Live Well Network' plug pulled by Disney-ABC Television Group
- Darby Douglas to return to KHOU 11
- Lauren Talarico joins KHOU from WLTX Columbia, SC
- Mary Benton is leaving KPRC 2
- Former KHOU 11 reporter Brad Woodard has died
- Katherine Whaley leaving KHOU 11
- Courtney Zubowski leaving KHOU 11
- Rhonda Errer LaVelle is new KPRC 2 news director
- Tracy Clemons heads to KTRK abc13
- KTRK and ABC stations to start central master control hub
- Simone Eli is new KPRC 2 weekend sports anchor
- Jacob Rascon now at NBC News
- KTRK abc13 news director Dave Strickland resigns
- Bob French files lawsuit against KBTX




CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here